Blogs by Writers
Health & Fitness
Hi, I am Steely Springham. I am an ACE Certified Personal Trainer& Health & Wellness Lifestyle Coach. My passion for my clients, their health and wellness along with my own training and competing is pretty obvious through out my fitness filled days. I am passionate about helping others reach and achieve goals they didn’t think they could do and instilling in them an ever empowering belief that “yes you are capable~ yes you can” mindset! I am a walking example of turning the impossible into what I call “I’M~possible”. It has been the most rewarding journey having fallen into Fitness as my career and discovered that I do make a difference in the lives of so many people. I am humbled and grateful. Fitness is my therapy and my passion. My moto is
“TRAIN HARD ~ LIVE LIGHT” Steely 2013
2. Who has inspired you the most to succeed as a Fitness Competitor?
Without a doubt, my coach Nico De Feo. If it were not for him I am not sure I would have discovered Figure & Fitness competitions. Even if I had discovered it on my own, I am not certain I would have had the “chutzpah” or confidence to ever think that I could compete at age 42. He took me under his wing in 2011 and guided my transformation to the competition stage five months later and subsequently nine times in total in my first two years. Thanks to him and my nutrition coach Nicki Pimm, I have nine 1st & 2nd place trophies to show for all the hard work and dedication and sacrifice made. I will forever be grateful to them, for this 2 year journey that has changed my life and for this sport that has changed me as a woman, mind body and soul. Now I am in a position to give back and inspire others through my personal training & my competition stage prep coaching.
3. What competitions have you made appearances in? From these, what were your placements (titles won)?
BCABBA competitions except as otherwise noted -
2013 IFBB North American Championships
- 13th Place in both Masters Figure 35+ Class D & Open Figure Class D
2013 CBBF Canadian National Championships
- 2nd Place in Masters Figure A & 5th Place in Open Figure Class C
2013 British Columbia Provincial Championships
- 1st Place in Masters Figure Class A & 2nd Place in Figure Class B
2012 Western Canadian Championships
- 2d Place in Figure A
2012 NPC Emerald Cup
- 11th Place in Figure C
2011 British Columbia Provincial Championships
- 6th Place in Figure B
2011 IDFA British Columbia Natural Classic
- 1st Place in Novice Figure & 1st Place in Masters Figure
2011 WBFF British Columbia
- 1st Place in Figure Medium & 2d Place in Masters Figure
2011 Western Canadian Championships
- 2d Place in Figure Medium
4. When is your next upcoming show? What will be your competing class?
I am currently beginning prep for 2014 CBBF Canadian Nationals July 5th in Edmonton AB Canada, with the goal to win my IFBB Pro card. I will be competing in Figure Open & Figure Masters classes.
5. Where can fans find out more about you (website, published magazines, etc.)? Please provide only up to 3 Promotional Links.
Fans can find me through social media networks such as