During my interview with Alicia Leombruni she shared a Chocolate Chip Protein cookie recipe with me. This is her very own homemade cookie recipe. These cookies are not only healthy, low fat, but taste absolutely amazing with less then half the sugar of normal cookies. This recipe can also be made with non-organic ingredients, white eggs, & plain chocolate chips.
You will need the following ingredients:
1 organic banana peeled & mashed
1 cup organic cashew butter, almond butter or peanut butter-whichever one you prefer best.
1/3 cup Stevia
2 organic brown eggs (egg whites only)
1/4 cup Ali’s All Natural Sugar-Free Maple Flavored Syrup
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups wheat unbleached flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup organic quick oats
2/3 cup organic grain sweetened chocolate chips or carob sweetened
1 cup chocolate isolated whey protein-(your choice of which protein you would like to add)
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Make sure your cookie pan or sheet is non-stick.
2. In a large size bowl mix together the mashed banana, cashew, almond butter or peanut butter & Stevia. Mix until smooth & then add in the egg whites, Ali’s All Natural Sugar-Free Maple flavored syrup & vanilla extract.
3. Next mix in the flour & baking soda and blend: stir in the oats & chocolate chips.
4. If your batter seems dry and not very moist due to the protein you can always add 1-2 more egg whites depending on how the batter looks if need be.
5. Roll dough into small balls and then flatten each ball down a tad using a spatula. Make sure the balls are fairly small because if you make them too large they will puff up and tend to get really dry if cooked to long due to all the protein.
6. Bake for about 10 minutes but KEEP your eye on them. You don’t want to leave them in too long or they will get dry and hard. It’s okay to take them out if they are still a little moist in the middle, you do not want to burn them by leaving them in the oven that long. After taking them out of the oven, let cool for about a minute & then remove them to a cookie sheet or plate. Let cool for about 5 minutes then ENJOY!!!