Blogs by Writers
Health & Fitness
MuscleBombshell had a chance to chat with Kari Keenan.
This blonde beauty is no amateur when it comes to the Figure world! Definitely a Pro in the making!
1. Briefly share with us your background (Education, Interests, etc.)?
My background is in English language and literature. I was a software technical writer for several years before transitioning into training and development. I currently write online training courses for several government social programs.
I have always been an athlete. I played tennis and softball, and was in cheerleading and danceline in school. My first introduction to the weight room was in college, when the entire cheer team was required to weight train. Ever since I saw a tiny bicep peaking out of my shirt, I’ve been hooked on weight training.
When people in the gym kept asking me if I competed, I looked at some photos of Figure competitors, and decided to see if I, too, could look like them. It turns out, I could! The moment I stepped on stage for the first time, I was hooked on competing!
2. Who has inspired you the most to succeed as a Fitness Competitor?
There hasn’t been one single person who’s been an inspiration to me; instead, it’s the women who strive day in and day out to reach for their dreams. When I hear and read stories of women who have made drastic lifestyle changes or who are just starting to compete, I’m inspired to
continue doing my best to achieve my goals.
3. What competitions have you made appearances in? From these, what were your placements (titles won)?
4. When is your next upcoming show? What will be your competing class?
I just finished a long prep, so at this point I’m just relaxing and working on building up my physique. I’ll compete in NPC Figure at some point again next year after the 2012 schedule is released.
5. Where can fans find out more about you (website, published magazines, etc.)?